Monday, May 17, 2010

Spin

V.1

I remember a girl named Lily,
Who used to stand before the mirror,
With bows adorning her pigtails
And pink lace and all the frills.

She used to think she was a princess
Or the queen of this world,
But somewhere along the line
Something changed in her mind

And then I lost my little girl.


Chorus

Spin, Lily, Spin.
Spin, Lily, Spin.
Spin, Lily, Spin.
Spin, Lily, Spin

Let your fears be washed away.
Let's go back to yesterdays.
When you're young and livin' free,
Oh, Lily, won't you come with me?
And Spin.


V.2

I remember the days of glory,
When Lily knew who she was.
Never had a care in the world,
Or worried if she measured up.

Then along came the TV screen,
And models in those magazines.
Girls pretendin' they're her friends,
And boys stealin' her innocence.

I wonder where's my little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment